Organic Aromatherapy with doTERRA Essential Oils
Discover the safe and healthful uses that essential oils can provide as you nurture yourself and your body with these Organic Home Spa Recipes. Simple to make and highly effective, these high-quality natural products will help you to save a bundle, not to mention they are environmentally friendly and good for your skin.
Metabolic Boosting Body Scrub (anti-cellulite)
· ¾ cup Organic Cane Sugar
· 2 Tbsp. Rose Petals
· 2 tsp. orange zest
· 1 ½ cups Organic Sesame Oil
· 12 drops doTERRA Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend
Mix all ingredients well in a glass bowl. Rub 2-4 Tbsp on skin and rub in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water. (For best results, use in the shower.) Store remaining scrub in a dark glass container.
Anti-Aging Skin Serum
· 2 Tbsp. Sweet Almond Oil
· 2 Tbsp Avacado Oil
· 20 drops CPTG Frankincense Essential Oil
· 20 drops CPTG Lavender Essential Oil
· 20 drops CPTG Rose Essential Oil (optional)
Mix all ingredients well and store in a dark amber glass bottle. Apply skin serum with a glass dropper to fingertips, and apply to face, neck and elbows.
Lullaby Perfume Oil
· 4 Tbsp Apricot Kernel Oil
· 8 drops CPTG Lavender Essential Oil
· 2 drops CPTG Wild Orange Essential Oil
· 3 drops CPTG Vetiver or Bergamot Essential Oil
· 2 drops CPTG Chamomile Essential Oil
· 2 drops CPTG Sandalwood Essential Oil
Mix all ingredients well and store in a 15 ml glass roll-on bottle (www.aromatools.com)
This aromatherapy blend is perfect for days when you need something to calm your nerves.
Non-Toxic Mouth Wash
· ½ cup distilled water
· 1 Cup Organic Aloe Vera Juice
· 2 Tbsp. Baking Soda
· 1 Tbsp. Witch Hazel
· 20 drops CPTG Peppermint Essential Oil
Mix all ingredients well and store in a clean bottle. Place 1 Tbsp in mouth and swish around. 1-year shelf life.
Non-Toxic Hand Sanitizer
· 2 TBSP. Vodka (keeps ingredients together, naturall
· 1 tsp. Organic Aloe Vera Juice
· ½ tsp Vegetable Glycerin
· 3 drops CPTG Lemon Essential Oil
· 3 drops CPTG Lavender Essential Oil
· 3 drops CPTG Melaleuca Essential Oil
· (OR 8 drops doTERRA OnGuard Essential Oil Blend)
Mix all ingredients together and store in a dark spray bottle. Spray directly on hands and rub together briskly. Shake well before each use.
Rosemary & Lime Moisturizing Body Butter
· 10 ounces Organic Shea Butter
· 6 ounces Jojoba Oil
· 1 Tbsp Vitamin E Oil (tocopherol)
· 20 drops CPTG Lime Essential Oil
· 8 drops CPTG Rosemary Essential Oil
Melt shea butter using the double boiler method. Remove from heat when the shea butter softens and is easily stirred with a spoon. Transfer to a bowl for beating with a hand mixer or pour into a blender. Add the jojoba, Vitamin E, and essential oils. Whip the butters together on highest setting until the mixture resembles whipped cream and forms peaks similar to meringue. (about 10 minutes.) If the mix is not thick enough, add an additional 10 minutes to the whipping time. (You may need to do this a few times to achieve the right consistency.) Spoon the body butter into airtight glass jars and use just like you would a body cream. Makes approx. 1 pound.
Aromatic Bath Salts
· 1/2 cup Dead Sea Mineral Salts -OR- Epsom Salts
· 1 Tbs. baking soda
· 15 drops CPTG Lavender Essential Oil –OR- your favorite essential oil blend, such as Balance or Serenity (Available through www.purelydoterra.com)
· 4 Tbsp Dried Botanicals such as lavender buds or rose petals (optional)
Mix dry ingredients together, then add essential oils. You can mix in a bowl or put salt in a plastic, self-sealing bag, add essential oils, then tightly seal the bag. Toss bag around to distribute oils. Use about 1/4 cup
per bath. Place your salts in decorative jars and tie with decorative ribbon.
Lavender-Cranberry Enzyme Mask
· 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
· 1/2 cup seedless grapes
· 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
· 2 drops drops CPTG Lavender Essential oil
· 1/2 pack of gelatim
Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the gelatin sets. When slightly firm, apply to freshly washed face for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.