FRANKINCENSE Boswellia frereana
Perhaps the most precious of the ancient oils, frankincense is highly sought after by modern consumers for its many uses, including relaxation, immune support, and mood enhancement. Boswellia frereana has a rich, woody, and slightly astringent fragrance with hints of honey and citrus.
Like myrrh (another one of the gifts presented by kings to the King of kings) Frankincense is a resin (dried tree sap), and has long been considered precious and valuable. The resin begins as a milky-white sticky liquid that flows from the trunk of the tree when it's harvested. It is then is distilled by steam to extract its precious essential oil, which is then used in modern aromatherapy.
Properties: Anticancer, anticatarrhal, anti-infectious, antidepressant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antitumor, sedative and immune sedative.
Historical Uses: In 3000 BC, Frankincense had more value than gold and was sometimes referred to as “liquid gold.” One of the oldest medical documents known to man dating back to1500 BC recorded the use of Frankincense oil by physicians and priests alike for the treatment of disease and illness. Today modern science is giving validity to these early ancient practices and, once again, the essential oil of Frankincense is bringing new hope for improving and maintain optimal health.
It was of great value then and even now the difficulty in sourcing makes it one of the more expensive essential oils. Gum resin from trees in Oman, India, Somalia and Yemen and other areas of North Africa yield much of the worlds frankincense. dōTerra Frankincense comes from the country of Oman, the family is Burseraceae, and the oil is steam distilled from the resin tears extracted from the tree. doTERRA is proud to boast a 10+ year contract with the farmers in Oman, Jordan, which will provide this high quality oil to its consumers for many years to come.
Possible Uses: doTERRA Frankincense essential oil may help with allergies, aging, bronchitis, insect and snake bites, carbuncles, cancer, colds, catarrh, diarrhea, coughs, gonorrhea, diphtheria, hemorrhaging, headaches, high blood pressure, herpes, jaundice, inflammation, meningitis, laryngitis, prostate problems, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, pneumonia, sciatic pain, preventing scarring, sores, staph, stress, strep, syphilis, tonsillitis, tension, woulds, typhoid and warts. Since Frankincense essential oil contains sesquiterpenes, it can go beyond the blood-brain barrier. With this ability, it may help oxygenate the pituitary and pineal glands and increase activity of leukocytes in defense of the body against infection.
Aromatic Guide: doTERRA Frankincense essential oil helps to minimize distractions, focus energy, and improve concentration. It helps easy hyperactivity, irritability, impatience and restlessness.
- Topically – Can be applied neat directly to the skin or to reflex points on the body.
- Aromatically – Diffuse.
- Internally – Frankincense has been approved by the FDA for use as a Food Additive (FA) and Flavoring Agent (FL). Take in gel caps or with honey or another type of beverage.
Fifteen Ways to Use Frankincense
There are so many specific ways to use Frankincense essential oil on a daily basis... doTERRA polled their readers, and compiled a list of the top 15 Ways to Use Frankincense:
15. Beautiful Skin (use neat or mix with lavender and apply to face morning and night)
14. Caring for Cuts (apply a few drops on cuts and scars)
13. Immune Support (take a few drops in a gelatin capsule)
12. Jaw Comfort (mix with Deep Blue Soothing Blend to provide relief)
11. Bedtime Lullabies (mix with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to children’s feet at night)
10. Back Relief (apply neat on lower back for soothing comfort)
9. Pick-Me-Up (mix with Peppermint and apply to bottom of feet)
8. Stress Relief (apply to temples for soothing comfort)
7. Cough Comfort (apply on neck and throat to soothe irritations in throat or with coughs)
6. Forget Frustrations (apply behind the ears and on wrists to erase frustrations)
5. Home Sweet Home (diffuse in the home for a pleasant aroma)
4. Bug Bites Beware (apply on itchy, scratchy skin to soothe irritations)
3. Walk With Me (apply and follow with heat on knees to ease discomfort)
2. Anxiety Anyone? (apply a few drops to cupped hands and breathe deeply)
1. Mood Balancer (diffuse or apply to neck to find harmony and clarity)
Try the best Frankincense in the world—from dōTERRA™.
Called by locals “maydi,” or “king” of all frankincense, our essential oil of frankincense is harvested from trees grown in Oman, on the southeastern Tip of the Arabian Peninsula. Acknowledged as the superior of various strains produced in the region (since it has higher, naturally occurring levels of sesquiterpenes), Boswellia frereana has a rich, woody, and slightlyastringent fragrance with hints of honey and citrus. As with all of our essential oils, dōTERRA frankincense is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™, which guarantees complete purity, the absence of any contaminants, pesitcides or other chemical residues, and the presence of those active compounds at the right levels needed to certify a therapeutic benefit.
DECEMBER 2011 SPECIAL: Enjoy the most treasured gift of the season: Receive a FREE 15 ml bottle of doTERRA's Omani Frankincense ($93.00 Retail Value) with any order of $200 PV or more! SHOP NOW
ALSO: You Save 25% when you open a doTERRA Wholesale Membership. Select enrollment kits offer the wholesale membership for FREE!
FOR EASY ONLINE ORDERING, Visit: www.mydoterra.com/19540To learn more about essential oils, Visit: www.NaturalPathWellness.net
For wholesale information or a list of classes in your area, contact Jennifer at 810-523-9853 or email us at email@example.com